I’ve mentioned Sweet Moses a couple times before but I’ve never done a full post on it. I don’t know if I want to admit it but after my husband and I went to Happy Dog a couple weeks ago, we headed straight to Sweet Moses before going home. I’m definitely not proud of it but it sure was one fabulous night of food. Sweet Moses is one of my favorite ice cream places in Cleveland and so whenever I’m remotely close to it, I feel like I have to make a stop. If you’ve never been, Sweet Moses is in the Gordon Square District and is set up like an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Everything from the decor to the menu to the uniforms the employees wear is old school. And, they don’t stop at just ice cream either. They also make lots of treats – chocolate covered pretzels and marshmallows, rice krispy treats, popcorn, you name it. It’s such a cool and unique place that every Clevelander should experience.
What I didn’t love:
- It’s too far away from my house…
- They make homemade soda for their floats and I don’t love it.
What I love:
- Pretty much everything is made from scratch in the shop. Pretty rare and really cool.
- The Mount Caramel is the best thing on the menu – vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and salted pistachios topped with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry if you want it. Whatever you do, don’t leave without getting the caramel sauce.
- The decor. It’s so cool. From the chairs and tables to the actual bar itself, there are so many cool antique and vintage pieces to look at.
- The pretzel they serve with every sundae. Pretzel + caramel = heaven.