Clevelanders, there’s a new place in town…Avon to be exact. Veranda Bistro & Bar recently opened where Rue 254 used to be and it just happens to be co-owned by a very good friend’s family, who are without a doubt some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. I’ve been a couple of times already and I have to say, it’s one of my new favorite restaurants in Cleveland. If you’re looking for fresh food, made from scratch and made with love, you have to give this place a try!
What I love:
- We ordered a couple cocktails, the Veranda Pear and the French. Cocktails are so refreshing in the summer and these did not disappoint. Sipping on one of these on the patio is the best way to do happy hour!
- Speaking of patios…I’m always on the hunt for the best patios in the area and this one is definitely up there. I predict I’ll be sitting outside here well into fall!
- The appetizers are substantial. We ordered the bourbon chicken flatbread and the cavatelli and both could have been a meal on their own. The flatbread was topped with amazing, local caramelized onions (my favorite!) and a bourbon sauce that I’ll be craving for weeks. The cavatelli was perfectly cooked and finished with one of the best cheeses I’ve ever had!
- I’m a sucker for airline chicken so I knew I had to order it as soon as I saw it on the menu. Oftentimes, chicken can be dry and flavorless at a restaurant but that’s definitely not the case here. It was cooked so perfectly and was stuffed with cheese, which made it even more juicy and flavorful.
- The desserts are made from scratch by the owner’s wife (hey, Ang!) and I can honestly say I’ve never had a better tiramisu. I would eat it daily. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you come here and don’t order dessert, you’ll definitely be missing one of the best parts of the meal.
- Everything is made from fresh, often local ingredients and you can certainly taste the difference!
- Like I mentioned above, Tony and Angela are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and you’ll often find them walking around chatting with the guests. You can tell when people genuinely care about what they are doing and that is certainly the case at Veranda!
Where? 32045 Detroit Avenue Avon, Ohio 44011